The Idle Wave *Pet Friendly*
- SQF 842
Let's take a step back in time to 1940 when a group of friends purchased a bunch of land and built cottages all next to each other in order to spend their summers together with their families on the beaches of Cape Cod. Years passed, families grew up and left for other places. Houses were sold, new faces moved in. But one family and their cottage remained. The Idle Wave. The lustrous wood of the built-in closets, cabinetry, and cubbies still gleam with polish. The drawers built into the walls still have a sheen to them. From the tide clocks to tell us when to go clamming, to the Captains wheel light in the sweet kitchen, the cottage makes everything feel more simple, easy, and family centered.
Wake up to the sound of seagulls overhead and take your coffee out to the large front yard and relax in one of the Adirondack chairs while the kids gather around the table for their breakfast. Just fill the provided picnic basket with snacks for the day and walk to the end of the driveway where you will find the staircase to take you down to Campground Beach. Spend the day splashing in the waves, take the canoe out, float on a raft or two, try wave skimming or boogie boarding all of which are at your disposal. Don't worry, the house is only around 100 steps away so you can come and go as you please. When you are done in the sun, step into an oversized outdoor shower to wash the salt off. Dinner on the grill couldn't be easier with a Weber gas grill. Let the kids play with all of the toys in the large toy box while you cook dinner. When dinner is ready, eat outside in your own private “beach yard”, or take it down to the public beach and watch the waves! Enjoy s’mores over a campfire in the fire pit in your front beach sand yard.
After tucking the kids in bed, the front porch is a great place to relax with a fireplace heater for chilly nights (or ambiance), adorable LED lights for indoor starlight, and a Bose sound system to plug your iPhone into for background music. The chairs have pull out foot rests to add to the comfort level. The first floor bedroom has a double nestled in beautiful wood built-ins complete with custom nooks on each side of the bed for your beverage or reading material. There is also a wall hung tv and books for relaxing. The second floor holds two more bedrooms. The queen bedroom has the old bungalow fashion drawers built into the wall and ample closet space. There is a large tv for viewing as well. The twin bedroom has ample closets and built in cubbies in the walls which are great for keeping treasures.
As soon as you walk through the door you feel at home. The Idle Wave is where you kick off your shoes, pour a glass of your favorite beverage, and breathe in the salty Cape air. Relax.
Our Campground Beach cottage is the perfect place to create memories that will last a lifetime. We would love to share all that Cape Cod has to offer, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have!
• From July 3rd to August 20th this is a Saturday to Saturday rental. No minimum stay requirements outside of those dates.
• We will continue with the practice of not providing linens in the property as this is a safer and more hygienic approach, but we do offer lower-than-market linen packages with free bed making services included.
All of our linens are crisp, clean, and soft. Our Turkish towels are thick, and plush. Our duvets are soft and all-season. Everything is high quality – not cheap and threadbare. Everything is washed at the highest temperature setting with bleach and oxygen-based cleaners. We take pride in what we do and it shows. Our guest reviews about our linens say it all! We offer two linen packages to which you can add additional linens (such as additional towel sets, etc) a la carte.
Package A (for 2) $80:
· Queen bed sheet set · Queen all-season duvet
· Two towel sets (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth)
· Two beach towels
· Entire cottage made up for FREE
Package B (for 6) $275:
· Queen bed sheets · Full bed sheets · Two single bed sheet sets
· Four all season duvets
· Six towel sets (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth)
· Six beach towels
· Entire cottage made up for FREE
Of course, you still have the option of bringing your own linens as well, but why? No need to lug boxes of sheets, towels and blankets along when it can all be there, made up, and waiting for you for less than the cost of a lobster roll dinner!
• We are located on the bay side with windows throughout and a/c units for those extra hot days
• 1 Queen, 1 Double, 2 Twins
• An award winning, custom, state-of-the-art house guide with recommendations is provided for your visit.
• Extra large outside shower with amenities provided
• Firepit for roasting marshmallows provided
• Dogs are considered for an additional fee. Dogs must be over 1 yr old. Please ask for details.
• Washer & Dryer provided
• Canoe provided
• Lots of beach toys, chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, wave skimmers
• Campground Beach is at the end of the driveway
• Sandy toes and beach hair guaranteed
Our cleaning teams use thorough checklists, followed by sanitization and disinfection of high touch points throughout the home. We follow CDC guidelines and use only approved EPA products for cleaning.
1 Bathroom, 3 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen
Sleeping1 Double bed, 1 Queen bed, 2 Single bed
CookingBlender, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Grill, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Spices, Toaster, Water cooler
Heating/CoolingAir conditioning, Electric heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Wireless Broadband Internet, TV (Cable)
The BathEssentials, Shower
LaundryClothes dryer, Washing machine
MiscellaneousCarbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit, Smoke Detector, Vacuum cleaner
OutsideGas BBQ, Deck chairs, Canoe/Kayak
740 campground rd , Eastham, 02651, United States